Cinco de Mayo Drink Round Up
Cinco de Mayo is here and it's time to sip on some festive drinks! Here are a few of my favorite drink recipes to celebrate with!
Sparkling Tequila Sunrise
4 oz Orange Mango Sparkling Ice
2 oz Tequila
1/2 oz grenadine
Orange slice for garnish
Maraschino cherry for garnish
Directions: Mix all ingredients and serve in a tall glass with ice.
Spicy Jalapeño Margarita
2 parts Blanco Tequila
1/2 part Gran Gala
4 drops Hellfire Habenero shrub or 3 slices of Jalapeño pepper
Juice of 1/8 lime
1 1/2 parts Lemon Lime Sparkling Ice
Directions: Shake Tequila, Gran Gala, lime juice and peppers with ice. Pour into rocks glass with salted rim and lime wedge. Top with Lemon Lime Sparkling Ice.
Loco Lime Margarita
3 oz Lemon Lime Sparkling Ice
1 ½ oz Tequila
Fresh squeezed lime
Directions: Shake and pour into a chilled rocks glass rimmed in salt. Garnish with a lime slice.
Grapefruit Jalapeño Martini
3 oz. Pink Grapefruit Sparkling Ice
1 ½ oz. Vodka
1 oz. Lime Juice
Sliced Fresh Jalapeño
Chili Salt for Rim of Glass (Kosher Salt Mixed with Chili Powder)
Directions: Use a lime wedge to rub the entire rim of a chilled martini glass, and dip into chili salt mixture. Combine vodka and jalapeno slices with ice in a shaker. Strain and pour into the chilled martini glass. Top with Pink Grapefruit Sparkling Ice. Garnish with a few Jalapeno slices.
Lemon Lime Punch
3 oz Sparkling Ice Lemon Lime
1 ½ oz Tequila
Directions: Fill glass 1/3 way with Sparkling Ice Lemon Lime. Fill glass 1/3 was with Pineapple juice. Top with two scoops of Lime Sherbet
A few handfuls of ice
Seedless watermelon, chunks
Blueberry Watermelon Cascade Ice
6oz Club Soda
Directions: blend and enjoy.
1.5 cups of ice
1.5 cups frozen strawberries
8oz Cascade Ice Wild Berry
Your choice of rum.
Directions: Blend until smooth. Pour into a chilled glass and garnish with fresh fruit.
Need the perfect tequila? I've got ya covered!
Reserva de la Familia ($135)
- A high-end extra aged tequila that is the result of family tradition passed down through the Jose Cuervo family line for generations
- Made with 100% blue agave tequila that is aged in French and American oak barrels for an average of 3 years, with batches aged up to 30 years added to the final blend
- Housed in a wooden box adorned with the work of a Mexican artist, with each year displaying a different artist hand-chosen by the Jose Cuervo family
1800 Milenio ($225)
- Premium extra-aged anejo tequila, matured for forty months in American Oak barrels
- The liquid spends four months being finished in French Oak ex-cognac barrels
- Surprisingly balanced, soft and unique flavor with notes of vanilla, cinnamon and caramel
- Available nationwide in select markets