5 Tips for Busy Travelers during National Staying Healthy Month
According to the U.S. Travel Association, Americans take 2.1 billion trips for business or leisure annually. Unfortunately, your health takes a toll when you are in constant motion, introduced to new places and environments, and in contact with others. (Personally, I find myself under the weather on every other trip that I take.) During January’s National Staying Healthy Month, Savvy Travelers suggests 5 tips for busy travelers to stay healthy while on the move.
“In my experience, travelers find it hard to concentrate on their health when they are focused on catching a flight or trying to make it to the next stop on the road,” affirms Tina Aldatz, chief executive officer of Savvy Travelers. “Luckily, there are simple steps that travelers can take to stay healthy, whether they are traveling by plane, train, bus or car.”
Here are Savvy Travelers' 5 simple tips to stay healthy while traveling:
- Boost your system. Before embarking on your journey, be sure to take vitamins and supplements daily, such as Vitamin C. A healthy immune system helps to fight off the cold and flu buzzing around you. (I will go so far as to getting a B-12 shot before any trip.)
- While enjoying your vacation, it’s important to maintain an exercise routine. If the weather is poor, locate a local gym or an indoor class, such as Zumba, yoga, or Pilates. You’ll find that after a long flight or cramped car ride, exercising with reinvigorate your body. Be sure to wipe down your yoga mat with Savvy Travelers’ KLEAN OFFZ. If you have to miss one day, make sure you hit the next!
- Limit Alcohol. While vacations are a time for rest and relaxation, consumption of alcohol can slow you down. Alcohol creates fatigue and dehydrates your body. In addition, airplane air is extremely dry, so be sure to drink water often. This will help your body fight off any illnesses and keep you feeling better.
- Brush. While traveling, it’s difficult to do the routine cleanings without easy access to water and toiletries. Germs live by the thousands in your mouth and it’s extremely important to stay on top of your cleaning. Utilize Savvy Travelers’ SPEAK EAZY, teeth cleaning wipes that require no water! To keep your face fresh, use facial wipes, such as TAKE OFFZ, a facial cleanser and moisturizer.
- Traveling exposes people to numerous germs that could lead them to become sick. According to the Journal of Environmental Health, you may be 100 more times to catch a cold on a plane than in your day-to-day life. One of the most effective ways to fight back against this is to sanitize using wipes for not only your hands, like Savvy Travelers’ KLEAN UPZ, but the surfaces around you, like electronic devices. Savvy Travelers’ IN THE KLEAR products wipe down smart devices, glasses and more!
“Once you become sick while traveling, the trip is ruined,” affirms Aldatz. “Staying on top of your health while traveling doesn’t have to be difficult…just follow a few simple steps to feel your best.”
Savvy Travelers offers a line of products that help to keep travelers healthy and comfortable. The company offers a line of pre-packaged individual sanitizing personal and surface luxe sheets, antiperspirant deodorant sheets, mouth cleansing sheets, and more. Savvy Travelers travel wellness products are available for only $10 a box, with 6 individually wrapped sheets per box, at all Nordstrom locations around the country. They include the following: “Take Offz” hyper hydrating facial cleanser and moisturizer sheets, “In The Klear” lens & screen cleaner sheets, “No Sweat” deodorant sheets, and “Speak Easy” mouth cleansing sheets. For more information, visit the site at: www.savvytravelers.com or shop Nordstrom at: http://shop.nordstrom.com/.