Yoga Download Adds Online Yoga Teacher Training Program
When the Yoga Download team asked me to try out their online platform, I jumped at the chance. While I love yoga, I am too poor to afford most yoga studios in Los Angeles and sadly, my gym only offers one yoga class that works with my schedule. Yoga Download enables to me steam a yoga class (or even download it to have forever) on my own time. So far, I have really enjoyed the barre classes. I love doing them in addition to my trainer assigned workouts.
YogaDownload.com is a privately-held company based in Denver, Colorado. Founded in 2006, YDL was created to make yoga practices more accessible, convenient and affordable. Combining the modern technology of portable media with the ancient practice of yoga, YDL provides personal, quality, customizable yoga classes—anytime, anywhere. YDL offers a wide variety of yoga styles, class lengths, teachers, music and pose guides to help each user maintain the benefits of the practice, with one simple download. In addition, a portion of the proceeds from all Yoga Download purchases benefit a variety of charities.
In addition to offering classes for any style and level, Yoga Download is now offering it's first ever Online Yoga Teacher Training Program. An online version of “The Kaivalya Yoga Method Teacher Training,” the program features a 200-hour comprehensive online course taught by one of yoga’s leading instructors, Alanna Kaivalya. Whether one’s living a nomadic lifestyle, or staying busy at home, the curriculum provides potential teachers the convenience to learn at their own pace and practice from the comfort of their own space.
With classes in the foundations of the practice, yoga history and philosophy, postures, sequencing, anatomy and alignment, meditation and more, the Yoga Download Online Teaching Training Program is guaranteed to create adept, exceptional and qualified yoga teachers. Each class is taught through high-quality videos, audio lessons and engaging content for test preparation.
“Yoga Download has been part of the community for more than 10 years, and with the teacher training program, we’re excited to create a new generation of teachers who’ll help shape and mold the practice further," said Yoga Download founder, Jamie Kent. “We’re confident that Alanna’s dynamic, safe – yet rigorous – and accessible classes will produce knowledgeable instructors who’ll inspire others to live a mindful and healthy lifestyle.”
“As a longtime Yoga Download instructor, I’m thrilled to bring my in-person training and teachings to a wide range of students online,” said Kaivalya. “Whether I’m practicing or teaching, Yoga Download has become such an integral part of my life, and with the new teacher program, it’ll also become an important aspect of so many other people’s lives.”
The Online Teacher Training includes seven training courses on the following:
- Anatomy & Alignment – Learn key muscle, bone, joint and connective tissue in terms of movement and alignment principles
- Vinyasa, Sequencing & Subtle Body – The essentials of how to safely sequence a vinyasa class; gain an experiential understanding of the deeper layers of the body
- The Art of Adjustment – Study the essential skills of connecting with students through hands-on adjustments
- Teaching Techniques, Building a Business & Being a Professional – Learn the tips, tools, technique and strategies you need to develop and hone your skills as an exceptional yoga instructor
- Philosophy, History & Theming – Dive into the practice’s history, learning the lexicon, philosophy and themes to captivate a modern day audience
- Meditation, Myths & Mantras – Unlock the power of sacred sound and the profound practice of meditation
- Final Teaching Culmination– After successful completion of all other modules, this course summarizes previous lessons for an easy transition into teaching
Each of the above courses feature interactive testing and assignments, allowing students to work with esteemed Yoga Download mentors. Students must upload video and written assignments, plus complete online testing, demonstrating their learning and development in each respective area. Completion of each course will result in a certificate validating proficiency in the skills learned in that course.
The Yoga Download Online Teacher Training Program is currently available for a discounted price of $1,295 (regularly $1,595).
For more information on Yoga Download, and to view the complete Teacher Training Syllabus, visit: http://www.yogadownload.com/online-yoga-teacher-training.aspx